EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
West Valley Community Services offers emergency financial assistance (rent & utilities) to prevent evictions and utility cutoffs. WVCS also offers assistance for transportation, clothing, and other basic needs based on eligibility and availability of resources. If you or anyone you know is affected by schools and/or business closures, loss of jobs, and hourly earnings, or are now having to take care of dependent older adults amidst the COVID-19/coronavirus crisis, we are here to help. West Valley Community Services serves the following zip codes: 95014, 95030, 95032, 95033, 95044, 95070, 95129, 95130.
WVCS is also a part of the Destination Home Homeless Prevention System, through which clients facing crisis receive short-term rental and utility assistance based on eligibility.
Please contact West Valley Community Services for information, referrals, and services email@example.com or call 408-255-8033 for questions about emergency financial assistance.
Please complete and email the Emergency Assistance forms below (first three), to ensure that we can support you and process your request as efficiently as possible.
1) WVCS Intake Form (ONLY REQUIRED FOR NEW CLIENTS) (Download)
2) Emergency Assistance Application - Housing (Download)
3) Eligibility Document Checklist (Download)
5) W9 - Landlord Information (TO BE FILLED BY LANDLORD) (Download)
Please either email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you to your scheduled appointment.
HOW IT WORKS:
● You can call 408-255-8033 to schedule phone/video conference appointments with case managers
● Case managers will send clients all the necessary information and consent forms by email or mail. You can scan, fax, or drop off documents at the WVCS - Cupertino Office.
● Case managers will call or email you to follow up on the status of their applications.
● Case managers will be in touch for an in-person or virtual appointment.